In North America, Glass Door and Window is most commonly used for residential and commercial property. Glass is used most part all building projects. Glass is easy to break and enter. Thieves, burglars and robbers are taking advantage of glass window and doors. They Break the Glass, Open the door and enter to vandalize the property.Recent Study on government statistics, With Economy slowing down, more and more attempts of burglary occurs in each state and province of USA and Canada.
Traditionally People use good quality locks and alarm system to secure the home. Professional Burglars are gaining entry by opening the lock by screw drivers or credit card. The other alternative for them is to break the glass and enter. Alarm System only works after the burglar get into the property. In Most recent cases, the burglars get out before police arrive on the scene. Burglars do burglary in approximately 20 minutes.
People have started realizing the problem that alarm system and good locks cannot be the first defense to prevent burglary. Now people wants to put barrier on their window and door to prevent break in and smash and grab incidents.
Window bars are generally made of metal, steel or aluminum. It is available in many varieties.
• Fixed Type: Often called Permanent window Bars. They are attached with screws and bolt on window or door frame and stays permanently on window. It cannot be removed easily.
• Removable Window Bars: These window bars have a locking system either on one side or two sides. It can be removed from the window for cleaning the window glass or to take an emergency exit.
• Quick Release: These Window bars are neither permanent nor having lock on them. They have one quick release mechanism which allow user to get emergency exit without knowing the difficult mechanism of operating locking system. It is good for getting out in emergency but not considered as a solid security.
• Folding Window Gate: These window bars are folding on one side when it is collapsed and lockable on other side when expanded. It is generally used for commercial retail storefront security because retail business owners want to show case their products during day time through window while also securing their window during the night when they are closed.
• Decorative: These window bars are looks very attractive. They are custom made of cast iron or aluminum with decorative scrolls. It can be installed either interior or exterior side.